Friday, March 11, 2011

Blow some Steam, Blast some Calories





You ever have one of those days when you just feel like you need to blow some steam? Today I felt like I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and sprint till my legs gave out. I'm not sure if it was waking up late last night to hear about the tragedy in Japan, my bad luck with sleep this week, or some frustrations I've had with typical everyday life stuff, but I knew the second I woke up, and after drinking a whole pot of coffee to myself- that I was in need of a kick ass workout. I really wanted to run stairs at Mt.Tabor, or 400's on the track- but unfortunately I was running out of sunlight due to the errands I had to run and a long meeting with my accountant, (which probably added to me feeling ancy). So I hit the gym instead. Here's a really simple, challenging, cardio workout, that will have you sweating buckets. Put your ipod on and zone out the world for an hour...

30 minute: tempo run on treadmill - the fastest pace you can tolerate for 30 minutes, RUN HARD!
30 minute: alternate jumping rope one song, with hill climb in/out of saddle on spin bike one song

Total 60 minutes

After this workout, I felt energized and much better. Since I don't jump rope consistently, jumping rope was probably the most challenging part for me. Doing a whole hour of cardio can be really boring and monotonous in the gym- so I like how this workout was broken up and varied. Try it- it goes by pretty damn fast! :) Below is a chart the gives the average amount of calories burned per hour of a specific exercise. It gives you a good idea of which exercises blast them most calories.


Okay- now to hit the shower and blow off a little more steam with a few adult beverages! Have a good weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment