Monday, April 18, 2011

Taking time off is tough

I had surgery, (nothing major) about ten days ago. Before the surgery, I was told I would have to take an entire month from exercise. I'm able to get up and around, and do most normal daily activities, but I can tell I'm getting a bit ancy. I'm trying to make the most of this situation, and focus on my eating habits and nutrition. Of the three components for weight loss, eating is definitely my weakness. I like to explain the three components for successful weight loss, as a three legged stool. If one leg is broken, the stool will collapse and fail. The three components are cardiovascular exercise, strength training and diet.

I think the reason why I haven't had to worry so much about my calorie consumption was the fact that I exercise A TON! With all my classes and my active lifestyle, I haven't had to worry so much about my daily calorie consumption. Now that my lifestyle has been put on hold, I'm a sedentary couch potato. Thank god I found this really cool website, through my friend Laura, that helps me track my calories, nutrition and my weight loss goals. It's really helped me with portion control and being conscious about what I put in my mouth. I've actually already lost a pound, which is pretty surprising, seeing as the total amount of exercise I've gotten in the last ten days was today- and hour long stroll with my little dog, Dorothy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

You can use the app for your smart phone so you can easily input your meals/snacks as you go which is really helpful to stay on track. I love it! It's so easy and helpful. It breaks down your carbohydrates, proteins and fats and takes into account your goals and daily exercise. I highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you are trying to lose some weight.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools


I have three more weeks till I can start moving again, but I think this has been a great learning lesson for me. The rest is nice, I'm learning more about nutrition and I'm able to focus on other hobbies that I haven't had the time for! Try "my fitness pal" and see if you like it... I'm not getting paid or getting any incentives to promote it, I just think it's a really cool, easy and helpful tool. Remember for weight loss, thirty percent is exercise and 70 PERCENT IS DIET. So if you are going to the gym every day and not seeing results- add this tool to your daily regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment